HRK Eagles Boys Volleyball Spring 2019
Skills, competition, teamwork, discipline, devotions, and fun!
Who: Homeschooled Boys ages 13 - 18 yrs. old (9th -12th grade - contact us if you have questions)
When: March 4, 2019 - May 2019 - Practices and games vary – check the website for schedule updates after Jan 30th. Click on TEAM HQ>SCHEDULE>Season: 2018-2019 > Boys Volleyball > choose level.
Registration will open January 2, 2019 - MUST BE REGISTERED ONLINE BY Jan. 25, 2019
***According to IHSA and HRK rules, athletes are allowed to play for, and practice with, ONE club or school volleyball team during the volleyball season. If your athlete plays for a club or another school, they will have to make a decision for which team they want to play. Our coaches and sports director are very happy to sit down and discuss with you and your athlete the best choice for their athletic career. Please refer to the HRK sports handbook for further information, or email
Mandatory Evaluation/Practice and Parent Meeting:
- VCG - Monday, March 4, 2019
- Boys will be evaluated & have an initial practice from 3:30-5:15pm
- Parents will go over the program, expectations, meet other parents, & sign up to volunteer at 5:15pm
- Where: Home court is Village Church of Gurnee (VCG), 1319 Hunt Club Rd., Gurnee, IL.
before registering with questions, or if you would like to assist with coaching. ***
Look at our Equipment/Uniforms page to see what is needed for this sport.
Boys JV /V- $125
- Will meet 3 times/week for combination of practices and games. Practices will likely be 3:15-5:30 pm at VCG on M, Th, and F. Some W from 3-5pm. Away game times are determined by location. Home games will generally be during the practice time slot or Th or F evenings.
- Uniform shirt cost: For last years players, we will be using the same jerseys. For new players, we may have some used jerseys for sale. In the result we need to order a new jersey, the cost will be approx $30-40.
JV team will play against a few area schools with more tri matches this year instead of single games.
May 3 & 4, 2019 - Sycamore, IL at Cornerstone Christian School. For this tournament, you may choose to spend the night or drive both days - it's up to you.
Tournament #2 - TBD
We will need to know your availability - if we do not have enough boys for tournaments, we will not be able to participate.
PLAYERS: All players are expected to attend ALL practices and games for their team, and have a commitment to do additional conditioning/drills at home when necessary. All players should arrange with the coach as early as possible if they will be missing a practice or a game. Not doing this WILL affect game play. There will be a place on the registration form for listing dates you have to miss. Please do so as this affects scheduling.
PARENTS: Since we are an all-volunteer organization, your help is NECESSARY for us to function! Coaching, assistant coaching, being a Team Parent, helping keep the book and score during games, and planning our end of season party are ways you can help out. Sign up at Volunteer Central, email the AD, and/or sign up at the Parent Meeting.