HRK Eagles Girls Volleyball Fall 2018
Skills, competition, teamwork, discipline, devotions, and fun!
Who: Full and Part-time Homeschooled Girls in Grades 5th - 12th.
When: 8/13-10/26 Practices and games vary – check the website for schedule under Team HQ > Schedule > 2018-2019/Girls Volleyball/choose team
Where: Home court is Village Church of Gurnee (VCG), 1319 Hunt Club Rd., Gurnee, IL.
before registering with questions about team placement, or if you would like to assist with coaching. *** Assistant Coaches are still needed! Please consider helping out as an assistant coach. This MAY include helping at practice under the direction of the coach, leading devotions, filling in when the coach is absent. No experience necessary!
Look at our Equipment/Uniforms page to see what is needed for this sport.
5th/6th and 7th/8th grades - $120; July 1st increases to $135
For Girls (5th through 8th grade in the 2018/19 school year)
Meet approx. 3 times per week with a combination of Practices and Games. Practices are generally held on Mondays. (5/6 from 3:30 - 5:30 and 7/8 from 4:30 - 6:30). Games and extra practices may be on Tuesday, Thursday, or Fridays. We will have a few tournaments on Saturdays as well.
5th through 8th grade teams play in the NICC Conference as well as a few additional teams in the surrounding area.
JV/V - $155; July 1st increases to $170
- For Girls in High School for the 2018/19 school year.
- Meet 3-4 times/week, combination of Practices and Games. Practices generally Mondays from 6 - 8:30.
- Games and practices may be held on Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday. I am in the process of adding games and practices to the calendar as schools confirm with us.
- JV/V girls play a series of Quad Matches, usually on Saturdays. During these games we will play 3 other teams in one day. This saves families from having to drive 3 evenings to play farther opponents.
- A special Trinity Day will be Tuesday, August 14 from 9:30 -4:30. JV/V players will have 2 practices at Trinity with the Trinity girls volleyball team lead by their coaches! Lunch included.
- Quad and Tournaments that are scheduled include 8/25, 9/15, 9/21-22, 9/27-29, 10/6, and 10/20.
- The above dates should be set to the best of my ability.
- September 21 - 22 is the Pilot Invitational in South Bend, IN. JV plays on Friday and Varsity on Saturday. There may be an option to spend the night, but you can commute as well.
- September 27 - 29 will be an overnight in Indiana for the Midwest Volleyball Championship. This should be a very exciting tournament to play in! We are excited to add this to our schedule. We ask that players make every effort to attend this tournament in order for the entire team to be able to enjoy a weekend of quality volleyball. **Families are responsible for the additional cost of hotel/food. We make every effort to keep this as low as possible!
- HRK JV/V teams play against homeschool teams and area private schools, most within an hour away. JV/V teams are part of the HSWIL Conference.
REGISTRATION CLOSES July 12th
EVALUATIONS: (Held at IMMANUEL CHURCH - 2300 Dilleys Rd, Gurnee, IL 60031)
- All girls entering 5th -8th grades in the Fall - Monday, August 13th 3:30 - 6pm (PARENTS, stay for evaluation info from 5:30- 6)
- All High School girls and those requested to come via invite - Monday, August 13th from 5:30 - 8:30pm (PARENTS, stay for evaluation info from 5:30-6)
Girls registered to play HRK Fall Volleyball will be invited to summer clinics and conditioning. This will be a great opportunity for team bonding, conditioning the athletes body, and increasing player's skill level.
All HRK Girls Volleyball players must purchase their own jersey. The jersey may be used for multiple years and resold to future players.
If you need to purchase a jersey, the expected cost is $22.
JV/V players must purchase team shorts. These may also be used for multiple years and resold to future players.
If you need to purchase shorts, the expected cost is $25
Expectations: All athletes are expected to attend all practices and games for their team, and have a commitment to do additional conditioning at home where necessary.