HRK Eagles Girls Volleyball Fall 2019
Skills, competition, teamwork, discipline, devotions, and fun!
REGISTRATION CLOSES July 19th - Please be respectful of this date as the Sports Director, Finance Team, Webmaster and Coaches have worked hard to ensure a great season! They immediately begin preparations for the season when registration closes and therefore registering after July 19th will not be an option. Please let us know before that date if you need any accommodations with registration.
Who: Full and Part-time Homeschooled Girls in grades 5th - 12th.
When: 8/12-10/31 Practices and game days vary **Mandatory Evaluations August 12th (see info below)
Where: Home court is Village Church of Gurnee (VCG), 1319 Hunt Club Rd., Gurnee, IL.
***CONTACT US before registering with questions about team placement, or if you would like to assist with coaching. *** Assistant Coaches are still needed! Please consider helping out as an assistant coach. This MAY include helping at practice under the direction of the coach, leading devotions, filling in when the coach is absent. No experience necessary!
Look at our Equipment/Uniforms page to see what is needed for this sport.
5th through 8th grade teams- $135; July 9th increases to $150
· We are still looking for a 6th or 7th grade junior high coach. We offer A LOT of support. Please contact Kerri Ward at 224-321-9477 if you have any interest. It can't hurt to have a conversation about it! Coaching incentive - registration fee discount :)
· For Girls (5th through 8th grade in the 2019/20 school year)
· Meet approx. 3 times per week with a combination of Practices and Games. Practices are generally held on Mondays. (5/6 from 3:30 - 5:30 and 7/8 from 4:30 - 6:45). 7th and 8th grade teams may have one or two Saturday tournaments as well.
· 5th through 8th grade teams play in the NICC Conference as well as a few additional teams in the surrounding area.
JV/V - $170; July 9th increases to $185
· For Girls in High School for the 2019/20 school year.
· Generally meet 4 times/week for practices and games, although sometimes only 3 times.
· JV/V girls play a series of Quad Matches, usually on Saturdays. During these games we will play 3 other teams in one day. This saves families from having to drive 3 evenings to play farther opponents.
· Quad and Tournaments that are scheduled include:
§ JV - 8/24, 9/14, 9/20, 9/26-28, 10/5. 10/18
§ Varsity - 8/24, 9/20-21, 9/26-28, 10/5, 10/19
§ The above dates are set to the best of my ability.
§ September 20-21 is the Pilot Invitational in South Bend, IN. JV plays on Friday and Varsity on Saturday. There will be an option to spend the night with the team at a local Christian camp. JV players may choose to commute and not spend the night.
§ September 26 - 28 will be an overnight in Indiana for the Midwest Volleyball Championship. This should be a very exciting tournament to play in! We were excited to add this to our schedule last year. Everyone had a blast!. We ask that players make every effort to attend this tournament in order for the entire team to be able to enjoy a weekend of quality volleyball. **Families are responsible for the additional cost of hotel/food. We make every effort to keep this as low as possible!
§ HRK JV/V teams play against homeschool teams and area private schools, most within an hour away. JV/V teams are part of the HSWIL Conference.
Mandatory Evaluation Date: (This is also first practice)at VCG
· All girls entering 5th -8th grades in the Fall - Monday, August 12th 3:30 - 6pm (PARENTS, please stay for meeting info from 5:30- 6)
· All High School girls- Monday, August 12th from 5:30 - 8:30pm (PARENTS, please stay for meeting info from 5:30-6)
All HRK Girls Volleyball players must purchase their own jersey. The jersey may be used for multiple years and resold to future players.
If you need to purchase a jersey, the expected cost is $22.
JV/V players must purchase team shorts. These may also be used for multiple years and resold to future players.
If you need to purchase shorts, the expected cost is $25
Expectations: All athletes are expected to attend all practices and games for their team, and have a commitment to do additional conditioning at home where necessary.